Enjoy this look back at Mike's first championship run back in 1991...
This is what Jordan's 1990-1991 championship journey looked like:
- Jordan wins scoring title while making 53.9% of his shot attempts
- Named NBA Most Valuable Player
- Named to the All-NBA First Team
- Named to the NBA All-Defensive First Team
- Leads Chicago Bulls to their first NBA title
- In the 1991 NBA Finals Jordan posted per game averages of 31.2 points on 56% shooting from the field, 11.4 assists, 6.6 rebounds, 2.8 steals and 1.4 blocks
- Jordan won his first NBA Finals MVP award by a unanimous decision, and he cried while holding the NBA Finals trophy.
The Bulls in the 1991 Playoffs:
Jordan led the Bulls to a 3-0 sweep of the Knicks. 1991 New York Knicks ranked 12th in the NBA in defense.
Jordan led the Bulls to a 4-1 dominating series victory against the Sixers. 1991 Philadelphia 76ers ranked 14th in the NBA in defense.
Jordan led the Bulls to a 4-0 sweep of the Pistons. 1991 Detroit Pistons ranked 4th in the NBA in defense.
Jordan led the Bulls to a 4-1 dominating series victory over Magic Johnson and the L.A. Lakers in the 1991 NBA Finals. The 1991 Lakers were the 5th highest rated defense in the NBA that year.
Jordan led the Bulls to a 15-2 record in the Playoffs that year.
Jordan faced 2 top 5 NBA defenses in the playoffs that year:
1991 Detroit Pistons ranked 4th in the NBA in defense
MJ 29.75ppg 5.3reb 7.0ast 54%fg
(High scoring game: 35pts)
1991 L.A. Lakers ranked 5th in the NBA in defense
MJ 31.2 points 11.4ast 6.6reb 56%fg
(High scoring game: 36pts)