LIKE MIKE BLOG

For everyone that like's Mike.

6/25/09

Jeff Jordan Leaves Illinois Basketball

Jeff Jordan, Michael's son, leaves Illinois basketball.

Focusing on 'life after basketball'...



One more Jordan has put his basketball playing days behind him.

Jeff Jordan, a two-year reserve point guard at Illinois and the son of former Bulls great Michael Jordan, has decided to leave the basketball program to focus on his academics.

He does not plan to transfer, according to a statement Illinois released Wednesday.

"I loved playing for the Fighting Illini and appreciate the support I was given by my teammates, coaches and the great fans here," Jeff Jordan said in the statement. "... I will concentrate on earning my degree from the University of Illinois and the opportunities that await upon graduation."

No comments: