LIKE MIKE BLOG

For everyone that like's Mike.

4/23/09

Bulls' Rose Is Rookie of Year



Derrick Rose, who led his hometown Chicago Bulls to the playoffs and restored hope to a franchise in disarray, was the runaway pick yesterday as the NBA's rookie of the year.

Rose became the third Bulls player to win the award, joining Michael Jordan and Elton Brand. He received 111 first-place votes and 574 points from a national panel of sports writers and broadcasters; runner-up O.J. Mayo of the Memphis Grizzlies received five first-place votes and 127 points.

"When I first came into the season, my biggest thing was to get this award," Rose said. "I was telling you all that I didn't care, but I did. You really do want this award. There was a lot of talent out there that I had to go against."

Rose's selection was hardly a surprise, after the No. 1 overall draft pick led all rookies with 6.3 assists per game and was second in scoring average at 16.8.

Here's 10 reasons why Rose is the NBA's rookie of the year.

1 comment:

丽英 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.