LIKE MIKE BLOG

For everyone that like's Mike.

4/8/09

MJ’s Comeback Fantasies Have Ended

The inevitable took place Monday, as Michael Jordan entered the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. The GOAT wasn’t too excited, however, about dwelling on his past accomplishments. The man was too busy regretting the fact that he’s no longer an NBA player.

The Philly Inquirer has the quotes:

“This is kind of a love-hate thing for me,” Jordan said. “It’s a great compliment and great respect, but for me, I always wanted to be able to have you think that I could always go back and play the game of basketball. As long as you have that thought, you never know what can happen. You never know what my abilities can do.”



Is he talking comeback? “No, but I’d like for you to think that I am,” Jordan said. “So to me, the Hall of Fame is like, it’s over and done with. You can’t ever put a uniform back on. It’s the total end of your basketball career. It’s a great accomplishment and I know I don’t walk away from it, but I didn’t want to be up here so quickly.

“I wanted to be up here when I was 70 years old, 80 years old. But I’m 45 and I still think I can play. You guys don’t know if I can or can’t, but at least I’ve got you thinking that way.”

I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief now that Jordan has finally realized that playing hoops at the pro level is no longer an option, and certainly something no one would want to see.

Thanks for the memories, Mike.


Thank Marcel Mutoni of Slam for the story.

No comments: