LIKE MIKE BLOG

For everyone that like's Mike.

1/17/09

Wear Your Kicks


A lesson to all sneaker collectors via "RayRay3Thousand" of Nike Talk.

Enjoy-

I know people have posted war stories like this before, but as a school teacher, I feel that everyone should learn from others mistakes.

The other day at school one of my students asked me what was my most favorite pair of shoes that I own. I replied "spacejam xi's".



I went on to tell him the story of how they were our senior year hooping shoe in 2001, how they came out during the movie "SpaceJam", limited run, taught them the definition of an "icy sole", basically all the basic info of the Jordan XI, etc... he then asked me to wear a pair to school.

So this morning I get ready for work, open the box up, vvvvvvvnds SpaceJam XI's which I wore once or twice tops, lace em up and head to work.

Period one - "Nice Kicks", "Whooa, are those the ones?"



Period Two- I notice my feet start to hurt a little.

Period Three- Man, these are not feeling right. (I own many many pairs of XIs)

Lunch- As I walk up the stairs I feel a lifting on my toe.



Period Four- trying to teach a class while in the back of my mind I cant help but worry that my SpaceJams are gonna de-laminate mid step.

Period Five- Sitting in my classroom, in disbelief that this is the result....



Lesson to my youngsters:

Hype all you want over a pair of shoes. If you don't plan on wearing them, you are only fooling yourself. Its cool to keep a pair of kicks on ice for a little while, but keeping a pair of shoes on ice for pure bragging purposes, or just for the self reassurance that you have "shoe game", or that you're a "sneaker head" is just stupid.

WEAR YOUR KICKS & ENJOY THEM!



RIP SPACEJAM XI's ON ICE SINCE 2001.



Thank NikeTalk Member "rayray3thousand" for the story.

No comments: